Prof. MATIUR RAHMAN, PhD
- Ph.D in Econometrics; MS in Statistics
- Expertise on methodology development, sampling designing and statistical analysis
- 40 years of research experience
- Provided hundreds of consultancy services to different organization including the major UN agencies and international NGOs working in Bangladesh
- Has number of research publications and books
Matiur Rahman, PhD, retired as Professor of Dhaka University at Statistics Department, is one of the most prominent statisticians in Bangladesh. He has expertise in: methodology development, statistical modeling, sampling, data analysis, statistical analysis, and report writing. He is highly capable to analyze and triangulate large scale quantitative data and qualitative information. In last 40 years, he has provided around hundred consultancy services to different organization including all the major UN agencies, international and national NGOs, and government agencies of Bangladesh. Dr. Matiur has around 40 publication of research article on different socio-economic and health issues and twelve books as author.
Some of his published books are listed below:
- A Practical Handbook of Statistics, Dhaka University, Dhaka, 1982.
- Basic Econometrics, Department of Statistics, Dhaka University, Dhaka, 1993
- Industrial Statistics and Quality Control, Department of Statistics, Dhaka University, 1997
- Basic Econometrics, Department of Statistics, Dhaka University, 1998
- Basic Econometrics, Department of Statistics, Dhaka University, 2002
- Statistics: Theory and Practice, Mallick Brothers Limited, Dhaka, 2003
- Basic Econometrics; Theory and Practice, University Grants Commission of Bangladesh, 2008
He is themember of the Asiatic Society of Bangladesh andformer member of American Society for Quality Control (ASQC). Matiur was born in January 1, 1946.