- MA in Philosophy
- 20 years of relevant experience
- Key expertise includes action research; policy analysis and advocacy; strategy formulation and planning; wellbeing and livelihoods; WASH; Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR); emergency/humanitarian response, knowledge management and Technical Assistance (TA).
- Experience in facilitating and managing large scale development projects; change management
- Worked with number of donor agencies, UN Agencies, and international NGOs
- His work approach stems from the belief that participation is central to making positive changes
Rubaiyat AUMI, a veteran development professional with over 20 years of back track working experience; currently serving as a consultant mostly providing Technical Assistance (TA) of various study, research and surveys conducted by HDRC. AUMI previously worked in senior management positions in different national and international (donor) organizations in Bangladesh. He has facilitated and managed large scale development projects andstudy-evaluations in a wide range of diversifiedsector and institutional context. His key expertise based on experience includes; Action Research, Policy Analysis and Advocacy, Strategy Formulation and Planning, Socio-economic Exclusion, CHT, Ethnic Minorities, Wellbeing and Livelihoods, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Change Management, Capacity Building, Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR), Emergency/Humanitarian Response, Knowledge Management and Technical Assistance (TA).
AUMIs consultancy work is varied and includes Socio-economic Research, Studies, Reviews, Appraisals, Evaluations, Surveys, Qualitative Analysis, Policy Analysis, and Development of policy brief and learning materials. Besides socio-economic research and study, He is also focused to understanding and enhancing the capability and Technical Assistance (TA) to the organization to comprehend the change processes of development projects implemented in challenging environments.
He had worked in Christian Aid UK and The Asia Foundation, and worked for CARE, ActionAid, WaterAid, MJF, WVI, Save the Children, Plan International, ICCO, EED, SDC, Irish Aid, DCI, Practical Action, DanChurchAid, NIRAS Netherland, World Fish, TDH, DFID, USAID, EU, UNDP, UNFPA, UN Women and different ministries of GoB. AUMIs approach stems from the belief that participation is central to making positive changes, understanding changes better and achieving more. His country experience includes Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Srilanka, Philippines, Vietnam and UK.