- MA in Poverty and Development
- Pioneer in Graduation Programme Management and Evaluation
- 25 years of relevant experience
- Worked in several national and international NGOs and consultancy firms
Rabeya Yasmin, has 25 years’ experience in policy, strategy and implementation of financial and social inclusion, livelihoods and social protection programmes in Bangladesh; advising government and non-government agencies in countries across Asia, Africa and Caribbean belt in their poverty reduction programme development. She served in BRAC for 19 years. Rabeya was also the director of DFID supported BRAC’s flagship graduation programme for the ultra poor. Under her leadership the programme evolved into one of the most cost effective, efficient replicable graduation model home and abroad. She worked with Maxwell Stamp PLC as the director of Partnerships, Policy and Governance for DFID’s Char Livelihoods Programme (CLP). Between 2014 and 2017, Rabeya worked in short-term consultancy assignments with Maxwell Stamp PLC(London), Uplift (USA), Save the Children (UK/Bangladesh), Opportunity International (Australia), World Food Programme Bangladesh and World Vision Bangladesh. Currently she is managing the ‘Microfinance Credit Information Bureau’ component of DFID funded project called ‘Business Finance for the Poor in Bangladesh’. She served as: Executive Board Member of the country’s largest coalition for urban poor called the CUP, Governing Body member of Bangladesh Silk Foundation, Chair of Economic Development Cluster; Bangladesh Urban Forum, Member of Programme Advisory Committee in Dhaka Ahsania Mission (DAM), Vice Chair of SNAD Foundation.
Her conducted notable programs are listed below:
- Flagship Graduation Programme for the ultra-poor called “Challenging the Frontiers of Poverty Reduction -Targeting the Ultra Poor” (CFPR-TUP)
- Comprehensive programme for BRAC to address the needs of the street children in Dhaka city
- Tripartite livelihoods development programme between BRAC and GoB, supported by WFP
Rabeya has an MSS in Political science from University of Dhaka and MA in Poverty and Development from the Institute of Development Studies, University of Sussex- UK. She was born in October 17, 1966.